1. I love our new home on 4th Street! It is now my favorite house we’ve lived in to date. We’ve worked hard from the beginning to make it our own, and it’s starting to feel like us!
2. I love that we live near the center of town, within walking distance of the city pool, an amazing ice cream place (Whit’s), the dog park, the library, the Vineyard church, and on and on the list goes!
3. I love that we live within a 3-minute drive of long-time friends Tim & LaRonda Stauffer. We actually lived within walking distance of each other as newlyweds in Denver, PA. Then our paths crossed again in Urbana, Ohio and now in Marysville. You just can’t plan these things! Of course now we’re now saying, let’s just do life together!
4. I also love that long-time friends Ryan and Anita Hostetler happen to be going to the same Vineyard church we’re now apart of. We get to continue to do life with them as well, even as we go deep with other individuals and families in our new church community!
5. I love my new job as Associate Pastor of the Vineyard Church of Marysville. Not only are we meeting some incredible people in the church and working with some incredible people in the church office, I also get to do the things I love to do. I oversee prayer, evangelism, missions and connections in our local church. I’m working toward developing teams that lead these very ministries. And honestly, it doesn’t always feel like a job to me. It feels more like a calling!
6. I love that my family is back within the association of churches we call Vineyard USA. Within the Vineyard, I’m so thankful for a grace-filled approach to evangelism, a strong theological understanding and practice of the kingdom of God, a welcoming attitude toward spiritual gifts and healing prayer, a desire to see both men and women empowered in leadership, and on and on. We love this tribe! It feels like a coming home!
7. I love that Vicki has started a business with her friend LaRonda called Birch Tree Studio, and they both can’t stop smiling. They buy things at auctions that look like throwaways, and they see potential I don’t always see. Then I return home from work and I’m in awe at the artsy lamps, chalkboards, pillows, rocking chairs, dressers, and floral arrangements that emerge out of nowhere. And I think, this start-up business will do just fine.
8. I love that we are close enough to maintain relationships with family and friends in the towns of Urbana and West Liberty. A little closer than Thailand, don’t you think?!
9. I love our new Golden Doodle puppy named Junia. She is a fantastic non-shedding, very-little-barking type of dog! We still say the occasional, “No biting, Junie! Those puppy teeth hurt!” But even that is getting better as she’s learning better ways to be her playful self around us humans!
10. I love that the Marysville schools have a really good choir, band, drama, and art programs for our girls. Every one of our three daughters seem to be doing well in school, although we still welcome continued prayer as they build strong friendships in yet another town! Transitions are brutal! Please continue to pray that Bryn, Lydia, and Ellie would have wisdom and courage to build healthy friendships in yet another school (three different schools in the last three years seems like a lot to ask!)
11. I love that the local YMCA has two racquetball courts and I now found some people who are willing to play regularly with me. This is exciting as I have sorely missed my time playing racquetball on a weekly basis with some dear friends in Urbana.
12. I love that Marysville has a Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Chipotle, Old Bag of Nails, Crazy Burrito, among other restaurants! Did I mention Starbucks?!